What better way to start the New Year than looking back at your top 10 favourite recipes from 2016?
It’s been an incredible year, and Sprinkle of Green has grown beyond my wildest dreams – and it’s all because of you guys! I would still be doing this even if no one was reading, as I truly love doing it, but the fact that so many of you love the recipes just makes be so so grateful and happy. You keep this blog alive, and for that I am forever thankful.
This year we saw the Sprinkle of Green Instagram community flourish, and also the launch of the YouTube channel. I’ve met some of you in person, and received lovely emails from others. It’s amazing to see so many people interested in actual, real food without any fuss.
Keep being awesome, and I hope you’ve all had the best holidays!
1. Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookie – this cookie recipe was loved by many, and it makes complete sense as it’s one of my favourite too! With only 6 ingredients, it’s one of those cookies you can whip up when desire hits, and it’s pretty much guaranteed to hit the spot!
2. Peanut Butter and Banana Chunky Monkey Cookies – another cookie recipe, though this one is for those who want to enjoy a delicious cookie for breakfast or snack. Again with very few ingredients, these cookies are quick to whip up and can contain anything and everything in your cupboard.
3. Freakshake Vegan Milkshakes – Need I say more than vegan milkshakes? These are creamy, rich and utterly addictive. I prefer them to any milkshake I’ve had recently, plus they don’t make me feel as heavy or weighed down. Bring on the vegan milkshakes anytime!
4. Sweet Potato Savoury Waffles – This was one of the first recipes I made when I finally got my waffle iron, and it became a staple. I love having it with egg, avo and beans, though you can definitely go for sweet toppings if you prefer. Plus, they are freezer friendly, simply defrost in a toaster!
5. Green Power Bean Smoothie – I’m a big smoothie fan, both as breakfast, snack, or even sometimes as a quick dinner. The secret to make it filling is to make sure it has enough protein and healthy fats, which this green smoothie certainly does – especially with the secret ingredient 😉
6. El Mehico Black Rice & Bean Salad Bowl – this has got to be my favourite salad as well. Different textures coming together to create one delicious and flavoursome salad. There is nothing that annoys me more than a boring bowl of leaves, as honestly there is so much that can be done, and this bowl proves it!
7. 1-Bowl Banana, Apricot, and Honey Breakfast Muffins – this is perfect for those of you who seldom have time for breakfast in morning, always running out the door with no time for breakfast. Toss one in your bag, and eat at work or on the way as it’ll be delicious no matter what.
8. Dreamy Creamy Sweet Potato Hummus – I love how much you all loved this recipe! I don’t think I’ll ever get bored of hummus, though I do love changing it up a bit. As the months got colder, this sweet potato hummus became a staple for me and was added to every bowl, plate and spoon!
9. Salted Maple and Coconut Oatmeal – I still haven’t gotten tired of eating oatmeal for breakfast, and as soon as the months get colder my breakfast gets warmer. The secret is in the toppings, and I do tend to go a bit crazy with them as nothing throws off my morning like a plain and boring breakfast.
10. Post Workout Banana Bread French Toast – banana bread french toast, that is healthy, and perfect for post workout? I totally get why you guys went bananas for this one (get it? ha ha). One for the weekend or when you have more time, it’s definitely a winner.
Bonus – Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte. This is a Newsletter exclusive recipe, and it’s for those who are a fan of the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte but aren’t a fan of all the sugar that is added to it. This recipe is not as sickly sweet but balanced, and it does feel like a treat without necessarily being horrible for your waistline.